Car Design Awards China is one of the most important design contests in China, and is your chance to win a prestigious design award and launch your career in the car design industry.
Now in its ninth year, this contest gives you the chance to work on real design briefs set by the world’s foremost carmakers. The judges who assess your work are leading design directors at the world’s most successful carmakers.
- design briefs set by the OEMs
- details of how to enter (entry is free to all students currently studying full time in any design discipline at a design school in China)
- list of awards categories
- rules of competition
Please also read the rules. We expect you to draw inspiration from many sources, but plagiarism will result in instant disqualification.
If your work is chosen to be part of the final shortlist, you will be invited to attend the Car Design Awards China ceremony which takes place alongside the 2018 Beijing motor show. Finalists’ work will be carefully mounted on a bespoke display at the ceremony.
Over the nine years that it’s been running, the competition has kickstarted the careers of many designers who are now working in top studios, both in China and worldwide. The winner of the top award, Student Design of the Year, is given a fully funded, four-week Cultural Immersion Workshop placement at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit.
Many of our sponsors offer intern opportunities to the winning students, so this competition is an important career opportunity.
We also recognise that great talent requires great teaching, and each year we make a special Award to the design school that has had most success nurturing student development.
Here you can see all the results of the 2017 competition, and galleries of the students’ work.
if you have any questions that are not answered on this website, please get in with us at Minxue.Yao@ultimamedia.com
There are 10 Awards categories and one Student Design of the Year for 2018
- Best Exterior Design
- Best Interior Design
- Best Luxury Concept
- Best Eco Solution
- Best Digital Design
- Best Mobility Solution
- Best User Interface
- Innovative Use of Materials
- Best Lighting Design (new)
- Best Design in Harmony with Chinese Society
And from among the categories winners, the judges will choose one entry to become:
- Entries close on 5 January 2018
- Shortlist announced on this site at the end of February
- Work of all the finalists (typically three per Award) displayed at the Awards ceremony in Beijing, at the Space 798 Art Factory on 22 April 2018(TBC)
- Announcement of the winners
To register for the awards please click here