Entries have now closed.
Car Design Awards China is one of the most important design contests in China, and is your chance to win a prestigious design award and launch your career in the car design industry.
Now in its ninth year, this contest gives you the chance to work on real design briefs set by the world’s foremost carmakers. The judges who assess your work are leading design directors at the world’s most successful carmakers.
Over the nine years that it’s been running, the competition has kickstarted the careers of many designers who are now working in top studios, both in China and worldwide. The winner of the top award, Student Design of the Year, is given a fully funded, four-week Cultural Immersion Workshop placement at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit.
- DESIGN BRIEFS – set by acclaimed OEMs including Geely, Nissan and Volkswagen
- ENTRY DETAILS – entry is free to all students currently studying full time in any design discipline at a design school in China)
- AWARDS CATEGORIES – your entry can be based on one or more of these exciting categories
- COMPETITION RULES – please read these before entering
- PRIZES – from a four-week Cultural Immersion Workshop placement to a NEW cash prize, there are great prizes available!
- Entries close on 12 January 2018
- Shortlist announced on this site at the end of February
- Work of all the finalists (typically three per Award) displayed at the Awards ceremony in Beijing, at the Space 798 Art Factory on 24 April 2018(TBC)